If you are visiting Budapest and looking for a memorable evening, exploring the bustling bar scene is a must! With a wide range of venues, from cozy pubs to vibrant rooftop bars, Budapest offers something for everyone. In this guide, we will help you find the best bars near you in Budapest.
1. District VII – The Jewish Quarter
Start your bar-hopping adventure in the Jewish Quarter, known for its vibrant nightlife. This district is home to the famous ruin bars, which are local gems built within abandoned buildings. Visit Szimpla Kert, the pioneer of ruin bars, for a unique experience. The eclectic decor and lively atmosphere will captivate you.
If you prefer a more intimate setting, head to Mazel Tov, a trendy spot offering delicious Middle Eastern cuisine and a charming garden.
2. District V – The City Center
Continue your bar exploration in the heart of Budapest, District V. Here, you will find a mix of elegant cocktail bars and trendy pubs.
For a sophisticated experience, visit High Note SkyBar, located on top of the Aria Hotel. Sip your favorite cocktail while enjoying a breathtaking panoramic view of the city.
If you’re a craft beer enthusiast, make sure to stop by Élesztő Craft Beer Bar. With its extensive beer selection, you’ll have the opportunity to try unique brews from local microbreweries.
3. District IX – The Riverside
To end your night in style, head to District IX, located along the Danube River. World-class bars await you with stunning views of Budapest’s iconic landmarks.
360 Bar is a popular choice, offering a 360-degree view of the city. Savor a delicious cocktail or choose from their extensive wine list as you admire the panorama.
If you prefer a more relaxed atmosphere, check out Dunaparty Borozó. This laid-back wine bar offers a cozy outdoor seating area where you can unwind with a glass of Hungarian wine.
4. Useful Tips for Bar Hopping in Budapest
Now that you know some of the top bars in Budapest, here are a few tips to enhance your experience:
- Don’t be afraid to explore side streets and hidden alleys – some of the best bars are tucked away!
- Try traditional Hungarian cocktails like the popular Palinka or a refreshing Fröccs.
- Dress code is often casual, but some upscale bars may have specific requirements, so check in advance.
- Prepare some cash – while many bars accept cards, it’s always handy to have cash for small purchases.
- Be mindful of closing time – some bars stay open until the early hours, while others have stricter closing times.
Budapest’s bar scene offers an unforgettable experience for visitors. From the unique ambiance of the ruin bars to the stunning rooftop views, there is something for every taste. So, grab your friends and embark on an exciting bar-hopping adventure in Budapest!
Table of Contents